How to Take a Remedy
After You Take Your Remedy
Pay attention to how you are feeling and review your previously made list of problems
Once you have taken your first dose of the remedy one on the following processes are commonly experienced
- A curative response – your symptoms get better and go away
- An aggravation – your symptoms first worsen and then improve, this is sometimes unavoidable but know that they are usually short lived and is a great sign that the homeopathic medicine is working.
- Return of old symptoms – your existing symptoms improve and in the process old symptoms form the past return for a short period also a great sign that the homeopathic medicine is working.
Each response reveals valuable information that will be used to adjust your treatment and help return you to health. Recent complaints heal faster than chronic problems. If a number of diseases or problems have built up over years a series of remedies and potencies may be needed to unravel them.
Taking Your Remedy
Different people have different experiences following their first homeopathic treatment, which focuses on restoring balance to the whole individual. The results range from dramatic and profound to mild and subtle. You will get the best from your treatment by noticing and paying attention to the differences you experience.
As a patient of Dr. Robins its important to remember the two of you are entering a partnership together. Both of you have a shared responsibility: you depend on her to find the best remedy and to manage your overall care. Dr. Robins equally depends on you to provide accurate information and to note all changes that happen. Dr. Robins recommends writing this information in one central location, such as a journal (described in How to Prepare.) In fact, future appointments will rely on a mutual working relationship to evaluate your reactions and responses. This partnership is essential to determine the effectiveness of the remedy, to overcome your health hurdles, and to ensure we are on your appropriate path to health.
DIRECTIONS FOR TAKING HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES
The following information will help you maximize your success with homeopathy.
- Do not use the following products while using remedies:
- decaffeinated coffee, Kahlua, Irish coffee or coffee ice cream.
- Instead you may drink all types of tea or have another flavor of ice cream
- Products that contain camphor are: Vicks; Ben-Gay; Tiger Balm; Sea breeze; Karmex; Blistex; Chapstick; deep-heat rubs; liniments; make-up; shaving creams or lip balms
- MINT OR MENTHOL
- Mint toothpaste, mint mouthwash mint gum or mint shampoo. Mint free or homeopathic style toothpaste is available at your health food store
- Australian Tea Tree oil or Pau D’Arco tea
- ELECTRIC BLANKETS
- RECREATIONAL DRUGS
- Cocaine, LSD, marijuana, etc will stop the action of a remedy
- Avoid the following:
- MAJOR DENTAL WORK
- Dental Drilling, Grinding, Ultrasonic Cleaning or ultrasonic toothbrushes.
- It is wise to postpone for several months. Manual cleaning is okay.
- Discuss any planned dental work
- AIRPLANE TRAVEL
- MORE THAN 2 TIME ZONES until the action of the remedy is well established.
- Discuss any future travel plans
- ACUPUNCTURE, ACUPRESSURE OR SHIATSU MASSAGE
- CHEMICALS, SUBSTANCES AND FOODS that have caused severe reactions for you.
- HOMEOPATHIC PRODUCTS
- Discuss before using any other homeopathic product
- EXPOSING YOUR REMEDY TO
- Bright sunlight, moisture, strong smelling perfumes, essential oils, body or hair care products or magnetic radiation (cell phone, microwave).
- DO store the remedy in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight, like a drawer.
- EATING, DRINKING, CHEWING GUM OR USING TOOTHPASTE OR MOUTHWASH
- For thirty minutes before & after taking your remedy.
- Take the remedy when your mouth is clean, free of tastes, odors or smoke
- Do not touch the remedy with your fingers or hands.
- POUR the remedy into your mouth, under your tongue and allow to slowly dissolve
- OTHER THERAPIES
- Any treatment or process that can change your symptoms can interfere with the success of your homeopathic treatment and create confusion about what is actually working
- Prescription and over-the-counter (otc) drugs, supplements and vitamins
- Any medicine that changes how you feel can reduce or eliminate the positive effect of the remedy.
- MAJOR DENTAL WORK
DO NOT STOP ANY PRESCRIBED MEDICATIONS WITHOUT THE ADVICE OF THE PHYSICIAN. IF IN DOUBT ASK
BE PATIENT WITH THE HOMEOPATHIC PROCESS, YOU ARE WORTH IT
ENJOY YOUR IMPROVED HEALTH AND LIVE LIFE WELL