Magic of Magnesium
One mineral, so many benefits, the answer to so many modern diseases.
What is magnesium?
Simply put, it is the way to liberation from illness
The mineral magnesium is an essential nutrient found in every cell in your body. Our cells cannot function or live without it. Magnesium deficiency may be responsible for more diseases than any other single nutrient.
SYMPTOMS of magnesium deficiency:
- Attention Deficit
- Diarrhea or Constipation
- Intestinal Problems
- Muscles Cramps
- Muscle Tightness
- Muscle Twitches
- Poor Memory
MAJOR DISEASES associated with magnesium deficiency:
- Angina Pectoris
- Anxiety disorders
- Arthritis-rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Auto-immune disorders
- Cerebral palsy in children of Mg deficient mothers
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Crooked teeth/narrow jaw in children from Mg deficient mother
- Dental caries
- Diabetes, types I and II
- Eating disorders – bulimia and anorexia
- Gall Bladder Infections & Stones
- Gut disorders including peptic ulcer, Crohn’s disease, colitis
- Hearing Loss
- Heart disease
- Immune Deficiency
- Infections (Viral & Bacterial)
- Intermittent Claudication
- Kidney Stones
- Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle cramping, weakness, fatigue
- Parkinson’s disease
- Panic Attacks
- PMS-including menstrual pain and irregularities
- PPH (Primary pulmonary hypertension)
- Reynaud’s syndrome
- SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Postmenopausal Syndrome: The drenching sweats that some menopausal women suffer cause magnesium loss as well, and their diminishing magnesium levels worsen their jagged nerves, sleep disturbances, panic attacks, body aches and depression.
- Prostatic Hypertrophy, Benign
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Syndrome X
- Thyroid disorders
Source: Primal Body-Primal Mind, by Nora Gedgaudas; Holy Water, Sacred Oil, by C. Norman Shealy, MD., Phd; The Magnesium Factor, by Mildred S. Seeling, M.D., MPH
Many scientists believe it is perhaps one of the most important nutrients for vital health and most overlooked. And 80% of us are believed to be deficient.
Profoundly impacts the skeleton, teeth, nervous & heart systems.
Magnesium is considered an energy-boosting mineral.
Magnesium is responsible for converting vitamin D to the active form that allows calcium to be absorbed
Magnesium operates as a natural calcium channel blocker and is responsible for blood vessel and muscle relaxation—counter to calcium’s contraction.
Mg is responsible for balanced hormones and proper regulation of blood sugar levels
Serotonin, the “feel good” hormone, requires magnesium in its delicate balance of release and reception by cells in the brain. Only when adequate levels are present can we enjoy mental and emotional equilibrium.
The soft tissues containing the highest concentrations of magnesium in the body are the brain and the heart—two organs that produce a large amount of electrical activity, hence EEG & EKG. Both systems are especially vulnerable to magnesium insufficiency
Mg plays a crucial for our bodies ability to detoxify itself from environmental chemicals, heavy metal and other toxins.
Drugs that deplete Magnesium
- Most diuretics,
- Antibiotics – gentamicin, carbenicillin, amphotericin B, tetracyclin
- Birth control pills
- Corticosteroid drugs
- Iron supplements
Building up magnesium stores is different for everyone. It can take 2 – 3 years before their magnesium stores are replenished. Magnesium is tightly controlled in the blood and so when there is excess magnesium it is excreted in urine and the stool. Those with renal insufficiency or kidney disease, extremely slow heart rate, or bowel obstruction should avoid magnesium therapy.
Magnesium replacement is part of the holistic healing offered by Dr. Linda through Montclair Homeopathy.